Thursday, November 3, 2016

Virgin Gorda.

Virgin Gorda is the third-largest and second most populous of British Virgin Islands.
We went there in January, so it was a nice escape from the winter cold.
The first week we stayed in a house that was on a beach. Incredible! While standing on the beach.. No noises of city life only sound of waves, hot sun is touching your skin, toes are happy to be out of your shoes, eyes see the beauty of another land and how your soul experiences something so simple but yet so beautiful..

My host mom (Shannon) took me to Baths. IT WAS SO COOL! Massive house-sized granite boulders laying on top of each other-against each other. It's literally like a labyrinth! We were trying to go trough small loupes, that were between two rock. BUT! There was water underneath us so while you are walking you will walk in the water and sand. Not best explanation .. but ahh and Shannon is really adventurous so it was so fun with her to be not as usual tourists!
Unfortunately.. I don't have any pictures because I didn't want(there is a lot of things) - lose my phone or camera or get it all wet so.. I'm bit sad but it's okay. 

Originally we planed on staying for a week and then flying back home. But because of the blizzard that was happening on the east-coast, our flights were delayed. 
After the first week we went back to Saint Thomas and we stayed there for another 4 days.. Not sure anymore haha, but I think it was 4 days. St. Thomas is one of the Island of US.Virgin Islands.

I'm forever grateful for my host family for inviting me with them to this amazing place. It truly was amazing experience!
Hope you enjoy! 














¤

No comments:

Post a Comment